Key advantages of this program are:
- unique, complex and serious work
- incredible experience to be a part of the project that changes the lives of thousands of people
- the ability to effect the direction of the program
- the opportunity to grow and develop together with an international team of professionals
- active development of your communication, self-organization and managerial skills
Other perks of this position include:
- help with preparing for the trip
- language lessons with a tutor
- free accommodation in the clinic
- 28-days of vacation
- salary starting at 800 USD / monthly
- letters of recommendation and gratitude to outstanding participants
- Manage the Health & Help charity clinic in Nicaragua in accordance with the mission and strategy of the project;
- Ensure that the clinic always has the necessary medicines, tools, and supplies;
- To help project volunteers stay positive: to resolve issues that arise in the team, to resolve and prevent conflicts, and to lead team events;
- Promote the friendship of volunteers and the local community at all levels (residents of the local village, representatives of the police, the ministry of health, government agencies);
- Provide documentary support for the clinic’s activities (obtaining and timely updating of the necessary licenses, permissions to receive patients, to deliver donations, and for volunteer work);
- Build relationships with major donors, friendly NGOs, and volunteer organizations in Nicaragua and the neighboring countries.
- Permanent residence in Nicaragua;
- Regular business trips (possibly to neighboring countries – Guatemala, Honduras, etc.).
We have quite a few strict requirements. The most important thing for us is that each member of our team shares the mission and values of the Health & Help project. Important requirements, without which it is impossible to survive in this project, include:
- language proficiency: Spanish level B2 or higher (we provide Spanish tutoring in advance!). Knowledge of English is a great plus!
- a deep sense of responsibility;
- a love for people;
- high physical mobility;
- the ability to stay calm in stressful situations;
- an initiative and desire to develop the project;
- a higher medical education will be an advantage;
- be willing to support the project through fundraising.